Sunday, March 27, 2011

No, I Don't Think I Am Greedy

bismillah Pictures, Images and Photos



"Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand." Robert G. Allen

5 years back, when I have decided to take Maybank scholarship although I knew my job scope wasn't going to be the same with my study background, many friends said that I went for money. The answer was yes. I didn't get JPA scholarship, I need financial assistance to pay my study and book fees.


Allah Never Make Things With No Reason

Few months ago when I have decided to do private tuition, many people think that my salary doesn't pay me enough. Now this time, my answer is NO. It is entirely not about money. It is about passion. I enjoy teaching since I was a little girl. Right after SPM I taught my cousin few PMR subjects and in matriculation, I was a tutor to my classmates. To me, there is never enough in seeking knowledge; even a standard one subject can give you a big impact. I didn't hesitate when I was offered to teach at Maths Clinic, Cheras Branch because I know this would be a big experience for me. Thinking about it back, its location to my house is quite far and if I compare the allowance with the petrols,  the toll charge and etc, it wouldn't be worth it financially. But I believe many of you would agree with me: Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.

I didn't say the stuffs that I have learnt for 4 years in university, were useless. Health and science are something that is practically used in life. Everything you speak is science. Everything you live with will be related to health. But in the place where I am working right now, I am gaining extra. I am learning to control myself, physically and mentally. I am brushing up my communication, my decision making skill and also I am hoping to improve my personality and attitude.Also, other skills as well i.e. I have figured that how interesting microsoft is, it can really challenge your skill and you can do almost anything with microsoft. The founder, Bill Gates is a total 'lagendary'. So the decision I have made 5 years back, at first was due to money problem, turned out to be fruitful for me. Praise to none other than Allah Himself.


This post is totally not about me bragging around on how ambitious and positive I am. My message is, no matter what you do to gain extra money..people may see you as greedy, but trust me, you know yourself more than anyone else. As long as the syari'e is not being violated, you are what you think you are.=)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.=)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com